When do you meet?
We gather for our monthly guild meeting on the last Thursday of the month , 6:30 to 8:30 PM . This is true of most months but please check Upcoming Guild Happenings for exact dates and times. Our meeting place beginning with the March 2018 meeting is 24122 Moulton Parkway, Laguna Hills, CA 92637. We will be in Club Rooms 1 & 2 at Village Greens, located in the Laguna Woods Village Golf Course. There is a restaurant and bar in the same building but please, no outside food.
We also get together for a weekend sew on the second Sunday of the month, 1-5 PM at the same location as our meetings. Please check our upcoming events to verify place and time.
Can I be a guest at a guild meeting or weekend sew?
Yes! We’d love to have you join us. Visiting us is free, but we do ask that you join the guild if you attend more than two meetings.
OK, I’ve visited and decide that I want to join. What’s the cost?
Our annual dues are $50 if you join between January 1st and June 30th. After June 30th, the dues are reduced to $35 and covers the last half of the year.
What’s included in the dues?
When you join our guild, you are automatically joining the The Modern Quilt Guild as well; $15 of the dues go to The Modern Quilt Guild.
However, if you join The Modern Quilt Guild independently, you are not automatically a member of the OCMQG.
What are the benefits of joining the OCMQG?
- You get to connect, share, and create with an amazing group of interesting and talented people in person
- Members get to participate in monthly meetings and get a chance to win a door prize at each meeting
- Attend weekend sewing days to work on your own project alongside other members in a relaxed social setting
- Create blocks and quilts to be donated to Orangewood Home for Children and other philanthropy opportunities
- Get discounts on workshops and speakers
- Participate in guild challenges: get recognition for your work and win prizes
- Have a voice on speakers and workshop instructors the Guild sponsors
- Participate in road trip to local quilt shows and local quilt shops in the southern California area
What are the perks of also belonging to the MQG?
- Access to the MQG online community
- Access to their monthly webinar series (check their archives. they have good stuff there)
- Access to their free monthly pattern and block of the month
- Opportunities to participate in inter-guild swaps and challenges
- Discounted fees to enter MQG quilt shows
- Discounted rates on MQG conferences and events
- Priority and early bird registration on conference and event admissions
- Discounted small business and personal insurance
- Discounts and special offers with MQG sponsors and affiliated companies
- Membership card
- Enamel pin
- Blog button
- 10% discount on online MQG merchandise purchases
Do your members actually use any of the perks from the MQG?
Why, yes they do. They’ve attended/viewed their webinars, downloaded free monthly patterns, participated in swaps & challenges. Oh, and have saved big money entering quilts to the annual show and attending the show, workshops, and lectures.
If your question is not answered above, please use the form below to us.